Turf over sealed concrete

Old 06-17-14, 02:26 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turf over sealed concrete

I have a 15' x 55' pad for a batting cage. I had it poured last year, and some additive like Kryton was in the concrete to make it pretty darned water resistant. But now I find that I may have a problem putting turf down with an adhesive. Any ideas? I guess I could Ramset it at many places, but I think it would still slip or might tear. The turf I was going to use is carpet/grass hybrid that is very short and tough, so it could be used to dribble on as well for basketball goals I have ready to install as drop downs from covering on each end.

I thought it was a fun project, now I just have a concrete pad to pressure wash. Lots of fun.

Thanks!

Old 06-17-14, 04:30 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rent a buffing/scrub machine with a few black pads. Run the machine over the sealer. That will make it rough & give the adhesive a chance to grab it. Wear a mask when you do it. If you want to remove the sealer completely, get some stripper & ammonia & do the same thing, except with the wet solution. Suck up the water with a wet vac. Personally, I would run it dry first. The adhesive should grab.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: