Concrete decks

Old 03-14-01, 10:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi 2000,

I'm progressing on the two 8'x16' concrete decks, and have the steel framing, corrugated sheet metal pans in place and after playing with the concrete according to your suggestions in my previous post (lightweight concrete decks), I've decided to go ahead and spend the money on getting the concrete pump and a professional finisher in order to get the exposed aggregate finish that we want. I was able to discuss the process with a local man who has some balcony that's constructed in this fashion, and referred me to a finisher who will do the work for a reasonable price. Sometimes, our DIY projects get to large to handle ourselves, and this is one of the times for me. I appreciate your input, and wish that I had a way to get pictures onto the Internet to show you the project.
These forums are a great idea, only needing MUCH more particpation! Keep up the good work.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-01, 09:38 PM
You can post pictures if you like. First upload the pictures to a web site; then use the VB code "IMG" See the "VB code" for how to. As far as participation goes there are more people asking questions than there are those willing to volunteer time to answer them.

I think you made wise decisions in ordering concrete and hiring a finisher. Next to exterior terrazzo hand seeded exposed aggregate is a difficult finish to master. Given time I know that learning would have been easier for you than it would have been for other people. But the economic logic is missing.

The reason I know is that I attended welding courses in college, and your dexterity skills are a plus towards concrete finishing. No doubt, you'll be barbecuing long before the die hard that insists on doing everything alone!

Make mine rare.