Help need to MATCH asphalt to concrete

Old 08-12-14, 06:35 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help need to MATCH asphalt to concrete

My landlord called the city to complain about our cracked sidewalk. Got home from work and those geniuses decided to patch broken concrete sidewalk with black asphalt...making ours by far the most ghetto house on the block.

Is there some paint or sealer that can make the asphalt look like concrete or at least blend it (without having to paint the entire sidewalk). I don't care if it's 100% - just so it doesn't look like such dog crap the way it does now. Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1838
Size:  50.1 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-14, 02:53 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would call the city to complain. I've never seen a residential concrete sidewalk patched with asphalt before. If you get no help from whoever you contact, go higher up to their boss, and up the ladder from there. Sooner or later I'm sure you'll get it repaired properly. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" after all.
Most cities I know of require the property owner to maintain the sidewalk though. Are you sure this isn't your landlord's doing? An attempt to get it fixed cheaply? Perhaps the city told your landlord that and he hired the repair out himself.

Old 08-13-14, 04:18 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
Latex paint is about the only thing you could apply to the asphalt to make it blend better with the concrete but the texture will always be different. You aren't supposed to apply sealer to asphalt until it weathers for a year, the same might be true for paint.

I agree with Pecos it would be better to complain [after verifying the city is responsible] and see if you can get it fixed correctly.

almost forgot welcome to the forums Darren!

Old 08-14-14, 03:57 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
wtf ? that looks like cold patch - either that OR patch material that was cooling off,,, while we can easily believe a govt employees would do that work & leave it like that, its usually the landowner's responsibility to maintain/replace,,, your mileage may vary of course