How do I patch a an uneven concrete sidewalk?

Old 09-16-14, 10:34 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do I patch a an uneven concrete sidewalk?

I have a concrete slab sidewalk on my property that has sunk quite a bit lower than the adjacent slab. The result is an unsafe, unsightly mess.

If this was on city property, they would use asphalt to grade the lower slab up to meet the higher slab. This is on my property, however, so I will need to do a similar fix but in a DIY method.

Do I use regular concrete? Do I build a frame? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-14, 10:38 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Have you looked at mudjacking?

Old 09-16-14, 10:41 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I did, but was worried it may be more advanced than I am capable of.
Mudjacking is when you inject grout into drilled holes on the lower slab to raise it so that it is level with the original slab, correct?

The reason I was looking at just patching it with conrete to help grade them into each other was because the city came out and did something similar on the sidewalks with asphalt. It looks terrible (asphalt and concrete next to each other look messy) but it's effective

Old 09-17-14, 05:47 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
the apron/vest stores are now selling a polymer-modified cement product but we haven't yet looked at it,,, usually they can be extended by adding clean 3/8" stone,,, the stuff we normally use can be placed @ 4" depth but its neither comparatively less expensive nor avail to diy'ers-h/o's,,, any pro const supply house can sell an approved equal product