Cleaning Belgian Block

Old 11-09-14, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cleaning Belgian Block

Hello --

I just had contractors build a beautiful granite paver apron for our driveway.

Here's the challenge. Before the project was done....the apron was caked with dirt/mud many times over as tractors/landscapers/everyone else dragged dirt from the unfinished driveway over the apron.

I thought it would just clean off with the weather or some blowing....but it doesn't! Right now parts of the apron look beautiful and pristine. Other parts are tinged mud-brown and look dirty. This is true of both the granite and the mortar.

It's been several weeks with lot's of rain. landscapers have blown the driveway several times. I swept it. And I even just bought a scrub brush and worked it until the brush broke this weekend. I've thought I got a lot off -- but it doesn't look any different. It really looks like the dirt has been ground into the rock and mortar (both have that muddy tinge). It just won't come out!

Any tips/tricks? Some type of cleaner? Power wash? Or just live with it for a couple months and let winter do some more scrubbing?

Thanks,
Michael

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-14, 03:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You may want to post pictures so we can see what you see. Sort of difficult working blind. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 11-10-14, 04:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 124 Posts
Welcome to the forums Michael!

Scrubbing it with TSP followed by pressure washing might clean it up. Look forward to seeing the pics

Old 11-13-14, 05:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
our p/w is 4,000psi, 4gpm's, & used a turbo nozzle,,, its not worth it for the avg h/o-diy'er to own this machine - rent it instead ( usually min 11hp - ours is 13hp )

Last edited by chandler; 11-13-14 at 03:09 PM. Reason: toned down