Oil stained driveway pavers

Old 12-20-14, 09:30 AM
O
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oil stained driveway pavers

Hi,

I have some recent gear oil drip stains on the driveway. Is there any product you can suggest? I do have a powerwasher, but haven't tried that yet. I tried scrubbing some concrete stain remover on them with no luck.

I just saw a YouTube video of some guy using a small propane torch to burn them off and it seemed like it was working.

Thanks

Bill

Old 12-20-14, 09:39 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pour some gasoline on the stain & some dry seed absorbent, on top of that. Let it stay there over night. Then flip a sanitation broom on the wood side & rub it. After that just sweep.

Old 12-20-14, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are concrete stain removers in a bottle at places like Lowes and HD. Citrus based I think. Just pour on the stain, let dry to a powder and sweep off. They really do work well for smaller areas.

Old 12-22-14, 03:36 PM
S
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the reason the propane torch works is because the heat generated is causing the concrete to ' spall ' (pop off ) which leaves pits

diatomaceous earth ( swimming pool filter powder ) & vm&p naptha made into a poultice should draw out the oil easily,,, cover w/cardboard to the sun/wind don't dry out the stuff prematurely simple green also works & is MUCH easier as 45 post'd

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: