SealcoatEd too cold weather

Old 12-28-14, 07:41 AM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SealcoatEd too cold weather

Stupidly I put a thin coat of latexite on my driveway in 40 degree weather. It then rained 24 hours later. It reached 50 degrees twice after that.

When it rained tha kfully it did not run into parking lot (which is lightly colored and ole). I can walk on it and it does not track print, however it still gives me black fingertips when I press lightly down. It has been a week and only more cold weather forecasted.

What should I do to avoid making tracks if and when I ultimately put a car on the driveway? Should I just wait longer or do I need to do something else? I feel trapped, and embarrassed for doing this in cold weather.

Old 12-28-14, 12:29 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 698 Likes on 616 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

The cold temps slowed down the drying/curing time of the sealer, then the rain further degraded it
I'd be inclined to forget it, use the driveway and then reseal it in the spring.

Old 12-28-14, 07:13 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I'm not worried about the driveway, I'm worried my car will track the sealer all over the condo parking lot which hasn't been sealed in years.

I'm kinda stuck. Wondering if it will eventually dry or whether I should power wash it or something

Old 12-29-14, 04:10 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I doubt it will ever cure like it's suppose to. I'd test the waters and see if your car tracks sealer on to the parking lot, if it does, pressure washing should remove enough sealer residue to make it a non issue.

Old 12-31-14, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since the sealer is already compromised, I'd buy a few bags of cheap play sand, and broadcast/broom it over the entire area. Doing so will minimize any tracking on the adjacent parking lot.

Old 12-31-14, 01:00 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I like BridgeMan's solution

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: