what will i wake up to

Old 01-01-15, 09:32 PM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what will i wake up to

weather forecast idiots said no rain till friday afternoon.. so I pour a 4"d by 14" x 14 slab today @4 oclockk.. It starts raining @ 9... Sooo what will I wake up to?

Regular quickrete temps in 50s when pour.. now in 40s.. no freeze predicted but they are not verygood at those

Old 01-01-15, 09:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,162 Likes on 2,841 Posts
Did you cover it with plastic ?

If not....did the rain run off ? With five hours the cement may have been set enough.

Old 01-02-15, 04:54 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 698 Likes on 616 Posts
I was on a job once where a sudden shower along with a mini flash flood put about 20' of a concrete driveway under water. They were almost ready to broom it off when the rains came. About an hour later they brought in a backhoe so they could drain the water off of the fresh concrete and refinish it. Once the house was finished, that driveway looked as good as all the others except for a little bit of staining. Sometimes fresh slabs that get rained on wind up being chalky/dusty.

Probably too late now but there isn't any sense in loosing sleep over something you can't control. Inspect the slab in the morning, if there are any problems - there are guys here that can help you figure out the remedy!

Old 01-02-15, 09:46 AM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, it seems like it is solid.. woohoo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: