Sloping Cinder block wall

Old 01-23-15, 07:04 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sloping Cinder block wall

Im bidding on building a stone veneered cmu wall that borders some steps down a hill. The wall is ~2.5' thick and ~2' high and 8' long. It will have a stone cap and then veneered with stone. The problem is is that the top of the wall will be parallel with the ground, so it will be sloping instead of stair stepped. SO should i lay the block level and when i get to the top of the wall cut it at an angle and then put the cap on? Or should i lay the block sloping or parallel with the slope? And if i do cut it i imagine i would just chalk a line and cut it with a concrete saw? Hope this makes sense, thanks for the help.

Old 01-23-15, 07:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums. All block work is laid parallel to the ground, or level. Make sure you have a substantial footing poured so your wall won't sink.

Old 01-23-15, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you have 2 options. In both, lay the lower courses horizontal, then either sawcut blocks at the correct pitch to fill out the top (to avoid complications, cutting first then laying would be better than cutting once laid in place), or form and pour a CIP concrete top at the correct slope. You can stuff styrofoam into the block voids to keep concrete out of them, or just fill everything in solid.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: