Options to Cut or Remove A/C Slab

Old 05-17-15, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Options to Cut or Remove A/C Slab

This concrete slab is pitched towards the house causing some water problems in my basement. I need suggestions on how I can cut the a/c slab away from the house foundation so the water doesn't go over the foundation wall during periods of heavy rainfall. The slab is about 3" thick.

I'm also open to other suggestions on how I can resolve this issue. I've thought about trying to remove the whole slab too. I'm trying to avoid disconnecting the ac units because of cost so that is the tricky part. Is there a device I can squeeze in between the house and a/c condenser to cut the concrete. I believe if I can remove some of the concrete slab it will allow me to more options (mudjacking) to pitch the slab away from the foundation.

Name:  c_slab (Medium).jpg
Views: 390
Size:  39.3 KB

This is a similar post I made: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/br...rds-house.html

Thanks,

Doug

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-15, 09:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 327 Votes on 306 Posts
I'm confused.

Did you do the work two years ago...... or are you hoping the responses will be different ??
We try to keep a topic in one thread but that one was from two years ago.

Old 05-18-15, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I was hoping to get an answer on what I could use to cut the concrete slab away from the house foundation with the tight space given. Will I be able to use a circular saw?

Old 05-18-15, 08:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 327 Votes on 306 Posts
I don't think you could use a regular circular saw. You need to probably rent a concrete cutting saw with a special blade and a water hose connection for cooling.