Exterior Concrete Steps Issue.. Options..

Old 06-23-15, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exterior Concrete Steps Issue.. Options..

I have poured concrete steps which lead into my basement. There is a small drain at the bottom of these steps, this is located outside of my house.

The issue is, in the winter when it rains / snows that water will flood into the basement. The drain is not able to hold that amount of water.

The other big issue is there is water seeping in from one side of the basement steps where the concrete wall is. The old owners put rubber cement here, but the water leaked through. I put hydraulic cement, and the water found new ways to penetrate.

What are my options? I am thinking about having a mason come and take out the old concrete and repour new concrete. How much would a project like that cost?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-15, 07:25 AM
Received 24 Votes on 20 Posts
Post a picture.
Anyway to install a bulkhead door or build a roof over it?
Google "Bilco"
Tried snaking the drain?
Is there a gutter on the roof over that area?

Old 06-23-15, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bilco would not work. Incoming rain water is not an issue, the portion where Bilco would sit on top of... There is a crack that runs down the inside of that all the way down to the steps. Water accumulates on the outside of this and seeps into the crack.

It sucks because the water that accumulates on the outside is below my deck.

I have a gutter above this that drains away. I cannot snake the drain, its more like hole in the ground of dirt with a grated drain over it.