Xylene scrub Makes My Broomed Concrete turn brown

Old 07-12-15, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Xylene scrub Makes My Broomed Concrete turn brown

Hi there. I applied ChemMaster's cure/sealer on my newly poured broomed finish concrete. It is a cure/seal with silane (for true waterproofing). Problem is i overapplied it and it left blotchy dark spots. Those dark spots are a result of the solvent-based acrylic solids drying and sealing. So to fix that one would apply xylene to re-melt the the sealer so you can backroll the excess (or use a rag to remove the excess).

When i used xylene (1L) on a section, although it tended to dry fast, i began to backroll the area with excess. Originally my concrete had a white-ish tone (disregarding the dark stains). Now that the xylene has had 24 hours the area i applied it to looks brownish.

My sense is that i may have overapplied the xylene and the top layer that re-melted due to the xylene possibly dried too fast sealing the extra xylene below it causing the trapped xylene to no evaporate and cause the area to look brown. When i poor the xylene the concrete turns dark (brownish). This is why i was thinking that is what it may be.

Not sure.

What should i do? Should i apply more xylene and do a natural bristle brush scrub while at all times keep the xylene as wet as possible? And then do a final quick back roll?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-15, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
franmar's ' beenee-doo ' will work well