Triim below gable


Old 08-08-15, 07:29 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 7
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Triim below gable

I am in the process of painting the trim on my home. I think that this trim needs to be repaired as it looks like the trim may be holding water in the valley or causing the water to enter my exterior wall.

Could I make one side of the window 2 boards thick and put thin board across the top of the trim? There should be flashing behind the stucco and over the top of the trim shouldn't there be? What would you recommend to repair this?
Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-15, 09:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 46,039
Received 118 Votes on 105 Posts
If the wood is still solid, you might be able to force it back into place and secure it. Normally there is flashing under the bottom of the stucco that extends out and over the top of the wood.
Old 08-08-15, 10:51 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 23,084
Received 184 Votes on 173 Posts
I'm not sure it's just tipped... it looks to me like that fascia needs to come off... new tails need to be sistered onto the ends of the rafters so that the fascia can sit plumb with the brick. The frieze board around the corner to the left is cut too short in relation to the end of the bricks, so it would also either need to be replaced or cut back and added onto.

Can't see the top of the trim/roof flashing so can't even comment on if it's been done right or not.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: