Moisture barrier needed over stucco?

Old 08-29-15, 09:17 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moisture barrier needed over stucco?

Our house is 3 years old...in Southern California.
I'm thinking of putting some Coronado Stone veneer on the outside of the home. I'm assuming the contractor who built our house put in a moisture barrier under the stucco. If I put up stone veneer, do I need to add another moisture barrier?
(then lath and scratch coat). Or, is the barrier the contractor put in satisfactory?

Old 08-29-15, 03:13 PM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
& you know he did that how ??????????? 1 thing a good contractor NEVER does is assume the previous contractor did ( whatever ) the right way/method using the correct materials,,, so - you, the homeowner, know better ? i've been waterproofing basements for 30yrs but i still can't look thru walls or floors to see where the water's coming from

IF IT WERE MINE, i'd be removing the stucco 1st THEN add on the stonework properly,,, but its not my house - its yours,,, good luck !

Last edited by stadry; 08-29-15 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-29-15, 05:59 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New housing development. We didn't see ours, as it was built by the contractor on spec, but we did see several houses in our neighborhood being built, and others being built now... All of them were wrapped with weather proofing material. Thanks for your input.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: