Non standard holes in new home's foundation

Old 09-10-15, 07:57 AM
Non standard holes in new home's foundation

Good morning everyone. My family and I just moved to a new home. There are two holes in the foundation that I assume were covered at some point by vents. However, one of the holes is 12" in height and 27" in width (practically a little door!). I've not found any type of foundation vent that would fit it. Would you all put a cement block or something else in there and then find a vent to fit it? Or would you go another direction? I assume to keep rats and mice out I'll have to mortar something in?

The other hole is much smaller but has a lot of plumbing and water pipes leading out of it. I'm guessing it is about 9" in height by about 14"?

I'd appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-15, 08:30 AM
Group Moderator
Is the house on a slab, or does it have a crawl space or does it have a basements. Pictures showing the holes and immediate area might help us help you. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/li...rt-images.html Please add your location to your profile. We need that to better help you.

Old 09-10-15, 09:06 AM

The holes are about five feet over a basement area. I'll get you some pictures when I leave the office. I'm in Memphis, TN.
Thanks.