driveway drain

Old 10-11-15, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
driveway drain

any suggestions for a frame & grate for middle-of-driveway ? all i know is municipal/dot frame & grates or traps,,, may be forced to gang some slot drains.

thanks in adv.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-15, 09:59 AM
So what's wrong with installing something (DOT or municipal) that can easily resist the loads of a large truck making a driveway delivery?

If you want flimsy, drill a few holes in the bottom of a plastic bucket, embedded in the wet mud with the holes down, and then lay a bbq grilling rack on top of it, tie-wired in place.

Old 10-11-15, 10:51 AM
not MY d/w, bdge,,, as usual, clients' budgets are somewhat restrictive,,, we may wind up sawing an opening, inserting a pre-cast 1.5 x 1.5 x 2.0 conc sump & securing ( Fiberglass Grating - Square and Rectangular Mesh Details ) or ( Perforated Metal, Wire Mesh, Grating, Expanded Metal and Fiberglass Products. ) - the latter's local

thoughtful of you as always tho - tnx

Old 10-11-15, 07:32 PM
From the standpoint of reducing callbacks, I would have thought you'd avoid going the "cheap and flimsy" route. And if the client's budget is the issue, why not install a quality product, and just reduce your 500% material markup?

Old 10-13-15, 05:53 PM
FOUND IT ! played hookey w/bride yesterday for a round of golf & VOILA ! a fairway lawn drain w/cast iron grate & conc cylinder box for a base !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who wouldda thought ? ? ?

500% markup ? i wanna work for you we normally work on 40% +,,, 100% markup would be 2x project cost ( materials, equipment, travel, labor & labor burden )