Sakrete bags left out over night.

Old 03-13-16, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sakrete bags left out over night.

I ordered 50 bags of sakrete to be delivered Thurs which I will use on Saturdays project. Can I leave them outside for 2 nights on the pallet unopened covered with a tarp? or do I have to carry each into the garage? Current temps here in Mass are 40 to 55 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-16, 07:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 52 Posts
As long as they are kept covered and do not get wet they will be fine. Temps will only affect cure time after mixing and I suspect the garage is not much warmer anyway.

Old 03-13-16, 07:51 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Moisture can kill them too.

Old 03-13-16, 08:39 AM
You should be OK. The only problem is if the dealer you bought them from is a low volume dealer and they could sit for a while in some relatively unprotected areas.

As mentioned earlier, the only problem is moisture and not the temperature. Usually the Sakrete, Quickcrete, Handicrete, etc. is packaged while the aggregate is still warm from the drying process in the colder climates.

Dick

Old 03-13-16, 08:48 AM
Received 77 Votes on 71 Posts
When you get them, feel if the top bags are hard or pliable. If hard refuse the shipment. If pliable make sure their covered. If rain is expected, put them in the garage.

Old 03-13-16, 10:59 AM
For cement and possibly bagged mixes, check the corners of the bags at the bottom. For cement, be aware that the corners could initially feel hard, but they are commonly just highly compacted and feel like a rock, but it can be broken up and works fine once it is out of the confining bag.

Dick