Epoxy pebble concrete resurfacing

Old 05-02-16, 11:41 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Epoxy pebble concrete resurfacing

I'm considering resurfacing my old concrete patio with an epoxy pebble material. Can anyone tell me if the material lasts, is easy to maintain/keep clean or any other pros/cons associated with this type of product?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-16, 05:36 PM
J
Received 79 Votes on 74 Posts
Really bad idea.
What's wrong with the old one?

Old 05-03-16, 06:28 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 688 Votes on 635 Posts
At the top of the page is a search window. If you search for "epoxy pebble" you will find past posts about the system and see the problems or issues others have had. Keep in mind that generally people only come to this forum when they have a problem and we don't allow people to simply post and say things are great... so you will only see problems. Don't let that be a discouragement. Just don't be surprised that you don't find positive posts.

Old 05-03-16, 02:41 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
'What's wrong with the old one?'

When I put the patio in, I went against the advice of a few people and did an acid stain finish. The finish on the patio looks great right after I power wash it. However, it's a dust magnet and way too much work to keep looking nice.

I figured the pebble resin resurface would have problems with it but I'm really struggling with finding a way to fix a long standing problem. I would like a professional finish that is easy to keep looking nice and will last. Suggestions?

Old 05-04-16, 03:06 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
no idea why you got advice against acid staining but that time's passed,,, have you tried sealing the acid-stained patio ?

what you call epoxy pebble is commonly known as 'chattahoochee' finish,,, doubtful its a good selection in washington due to climate

Old 05-04-16, 10:51 AM
G
Originally Posted by PilotDane
Keep in mind that generally people only come to this forum when they have a problem and we don't allow people to simply post and say things are great... so you will only see problems.
I always thought that was just human nature--didn't know it was a forum RULE. How peculiar...

Old 05-04-16, 11:00 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 333 Votes on 296 Posts
The forums are here to help folks, neither bragging [with no other benefit to the post] or product bashing helps so they aren't allowed.

Old 05-04-16, 12:10 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Generally speaking, every thread should contain a question. Hence, simply bragging about something is not consistent.

I'm curious to see the answer to stadry's question about sealing the concrete.

Old 05-08-16, 04:42 AM
S
if you've got conc dusting, that's usually an indication of a low strength surface,,, a lithium silicate densifier will strengthen the conc & prevent dusting