Filling in cracks in asphalt driveway??

Old 06-04-16, 05:48 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Filling in cracks in asphalt driveway??

I have a long asphalt drive at the house I recently bought in the mountains of NC. The drive seems to be in pretty good shape. But there several long cracks that I would like to fill so that they don't get worse. I can remember as a kid my dad having something that looked like chunks of tar that he would melt in a can and pour into the cracks. But that is just me remembering from a kid. That was almost 50 yrs. ago.

So I am looking for what is best to use now days and how I can melt it and apply it. I have googled several products but none really show how to melt it and pour into the cracks. And I am a homeowner DIY'er and I don't want to get some high dollar industrial equiptment.

So if you guys can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-16, 04:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
If you had a kettle or other melting/pouring medium Crack-Rite 25 lb. Boxless Direct Fire Joint Sealant-2085 - The Home Depot

Old 06-05-16, 04:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
The hwy dept is about the only one I ever see using a hot sealer to fill cracks. Most of the guys I've been around use the crack sealer that comes in a caulking tube and then seal the driveway. I do believe the hot sealer is better.