Rough garage floor

Old 08-30-16, 08:22 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rough garage floor

Hello,

I have been reading for quite some time about products that you can use to resurface a garage floor. It seems mine was poured with a very low quality of concrete and had no relief cuts in it. Was thinking of trying to resurface it then do a few relief cuts after but i think that may be like trying to polish a turd . Anyone have success doing this? If not is there any other temporary options? Tired of having to use a plank of wood under my floor jack and laying on rough uneven ground. This is not a long term house so i am not willing to redo the garage floor. I cant seem to upload pictures from my phone but the garage floor has large rocks in it (1/2"-3/4" round) and a few cracks where the rocks seem to be coming out of. The cracks are not splitting apart yet.

Old 08-30-16, 08:33 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Give this a shot: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Keep in mind pics from cell phones often need to be cut down in size.

Old 08-30-16, 08:45 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70249[/ATTACH]

More a picture to show an oil leak from a failed fitting on my old gtr but you can see what i am working with in it.

Its a single car garage built somewhat recently but its on a double car pad that i imagine was left to the weather for quite some time before the garage was built. No idea why someone would build a garage on such a poor quality pad. Quite sloped as well maybe i can do another pad over top? Not sure how successful that can be.

Also thanks! Resizing it worked

Attached Images  
Old 08-30-16, 08:56 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 867 Votes on 798 Posts
I think you'll have a tough time getting a thin overlay to adhere especially with oil spills like that. If you are not willing to redo the floor then I'd look into a mat you could lay over it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: