Puddles on concrete alley

Old 09-10-16, 08:08 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Puddles on concrete alley

Sorry for such a trivial question, I bet this was already discussed more than once.

I have a 3ft wide concrete alley between houses which I want to use for storage, but unfortunately it's always a couple of puddles there after any rain. I wonder if there is an easy fix assuming I do not care about the looks much. What kind of mix can I use to pour over this to create a slope? Is that easily doable?

Name:  20160910_182838_water.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  29.5 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 09-10-16 at 08:30 PM. Reason: removed duplicate pic
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-16, 05:37 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 686 Votes on 633 Posts
There are concrete products intended to go on as a thin layer. You could use that to fill in the low spots. The big question then is does the water have somewhere to go?

Old 09-11-16, 07:04 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any specific products you would recommend for this application?

It's concrete walls on three sides but there is an open edge in the front - at the point from which the picture was taken. If I have a slope from back of the picture to front of the picture water would go into the backyard.

Old 09-11-16, 05:18 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 686 Votes on 633 Posts
I have had good luck with Quickrete Concrete Resurfacer but I think they have a couple other similar products. The key will be to properly clean and prep your existing concrete so the new will stick.

Old 09-12-16, 07:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
About 15 years ago my sister had a similar problem with a space about your size. In fact had to look twice thought it was her house. Don't know if up to code but I drilled 1 to 11/4 holes (several) in concrete and than drove as many small stones as I could in the holes. Problem solved.

Old 09-17-16, 05:18 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
apron/vest stores are now stocking cement-all in our area - great product IF installed properly (good PREP is the most important step),,, color it by adding sher-wms pigment,,, OR use sakrete/quikrete resurfacer which is gray,,, personally we prefer the former,,, wtr runs downhill so check your slope by using a straight 2x4 w/level taped to it