Canít get my concrete to stick

Old 10-04-16, 06:35 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Canít get my concrete to stick

I have a piece of concrete that fell from the underside of my outside balcony which is the entrance to the bachelor apartment. It seems like it was repaired before and now itís come back down. I tried regular concrete with concrete cement but I still canít get it to stick. I then tried Versafix, Bomix with a piece of plywood and a 2x4. It stuck but when I hit it, it sounded hollow. With little force it came down.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Here are some pictures. At its deepest itís two and a half inches.

Name:  DSC_4235.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:  DSC_4236.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  46.5 KB

Old 10-06-16, 06:48 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Not pushing it, but I think Gorilla Glue claims to fix problems like yours.

Old 10-11-16, 02:52 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
we've got 1 of those projects on the board now,,, pressure wash (3,500psi w/turbo nozzle), dampen underside of work, trowel on overhead/vertical patch polymer-modified cement,,, for uniformity of thickness, we scrape w/4' piece of using upside down screed rails,,, did a lot of this work for dot's & that method/materials was always spec'd
locally our apron store's now carrying cement-all - yes, more expensive than quik/sak krete's but you get what you pay for
IF you do the work properly, it won't sound hollow

Old 10-11-16, 04:40 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
looks like your stuff's possibly good for vertical but ovhd's a bit more difficult,,, try a pro const supply house,,, keep it stiff as too much wtr destroys the adhesion, cohesion, & strength

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: