Power washing concrete patio

Old 05-19-17, 07:50 PM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Power washing concrete patio

Hello. I borrowed my friend's power washer. There were a few areas outside that I needed to power wash, including a concrete patio. The gas power washer removes a lot of dirt from the concrete, but in order to do so, the jet stream has to be really small, making the pressure very high. The problem is that the power washer will clean about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch line as I move it slowly across the concrete. It will take a long time, and I am missing spots. I tried using bleach/dish soap and a stiff bristle deck brush on the concrete, but the power washer does a better job. Is there any way, or anything I could use, to make this job easier/quicker? Thank you.

Old 05-19-17, 08:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Since you borrowed your friends power washer..... buy a new tip for you guys to use.
It's called a rotary or turbo nozzle. It has a spinning 0° tip inside. It does a great job on concrete.

Here's a video illustrating how it works. You'll find them in the home improvement stores.
you tube/watch?v=oSS7uMr6Dwk

Old 05-19-17, 08:25 PM
U
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the tip! :-) :-)

Old 05-19-17, 09:29 PM
T
Received 74 Upvotes on 68 Posts
I have this and it works really well. You just sweep the brush back and form. The amount of grime that comes out of the concrete is pretty impressive, concrete looks like it was just poured.

I have the other nozzle the PJ mentioned and it works well also, this one is just easier on the arms. The brush just floats as you sweep back and forth.

Although the video on Amazon is hokey it's worth watching to see the benefits, especially that it doesn't blow everything all over the place like a straight or turbo tip does.

https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratt.../dp/B00KQI37VA

Old 05-20-17, 03:32 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I'd also suggest using a turbo nozzle. Sometimes it's beneficial to also scrub the concrete with a bleach and TSP solution.

Old 05-20-17, 03:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Like Tumble, I have Homelite 15 in. EZ Clean Gas Surface Cleaner-AEZ31023 - The Home Depot, and find it works well on flat surfaces without scribing the concrete, or streaking it.

Old 05-20-17, 07:33 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
I have this and it works really well.
I rarely buy krap that is advertised but this looks good, nice thing its small and can go in a drawer!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: