Would this product work for stamping?

Old 09-13-17, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Would this product work for stamping?

its cheap and the design looks like the pressure would favor one side of the pattern roll. If it might work I'd love to try it seems iffy. Any thoughts? https://www.amazon.com/Tru-Tex-Rolle...FTDCYGDF3ZFGWA

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-17, 04:27 AM
Group Moderator
Received 188 Votes on 175 Posts
There are many types of stamping and many different materials. On what where you thinking of using the roller?

Old 09-14-17, 06:41 AM
A 9' x 9' slab for a patio

Old 09-14-17, 10:26 AM
One other question. I was quoted for $225 for curbside delivery of 1 yard concrete. I'd still have to wheelbarrow it to the location which is a long way from curb. Would I be better served to dump half of my concrete mix in, add water, stir, then add second half of mix and water? Trying to think of the easiest and cheapest option. I know that doesn't always mean best option, so any advice is appreciated

Old 09-14-17, 03:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 188 Votes on 175 Posts
I would say "no" that roller will not work or not work well at stamping concrete.

When you say 1 yard of concrete I assume you mean from a ready mix truck. In my town it's cheaper to have the concrete done by one of our local concrete people. They often don't charge the minimum yardage fee for small pours and with the discounted rate they get concrete they can usually form and pour cheaper than I can buy the concrete.

I am confused that in the same paragraph you jump to talking about mixing your own concrete. Working with bagged concrete would be a bad idea for a novice on a patio of that size. Working by yourself you'll never mix and place it fast enough and you'll kill yourself trying.