What is the best way to fill gap between BRICKS and CONCRETE?

Old 10-31-17, 12:49 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is the best way to fill gap between BRICKS and CONCRETE?

I had concrete and brick work done about 20 years ago. The bricks started to separate from the concrete. All the motor was coming lose. I had some one install some more brick on the drive way to make it larger and replace the one that were there. I year later the motor around the bricks has come lose and look just like the old one. I just used a saw to cut out what motor was not lose and any thing that was lose. I have a space about 1/4--3/8 around the center cement and the bricks. Water had gotten in the space and some of the spaces are about 2 in deep. I had cut down about 1/2--3/4 in deep all around the center cement. One picture shows what the pieces looked like that I removed. The other pictures show the drive way. What would be the best stuff to use, to seal the space so no water gets in and freezes during the winter. I would like the bricks to stay in place .

Attached Images      
Old 10-31-17, 01:58 PM
Received 594 Votes on 531 Posts
use backer rod. Stuff the rod down into the crevices and allow about a 1/2 to 1/4 inch of depth left to fill with caulking or mortar mix.

Old 10-31-17, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Or pull all the bricks and use stamped and stained concrete. But that's probably not an option at this point.

Btw...it's moRTAR, not motor.

Old 11-01-17, 12:01 AM
Received 946 Votes on 859 Posts
Here is option, go get some sika self leveling sealant that is made to be used in gaps and be done!

https://assets.doityourself.com/foru...attach/jpg.gif

Attached Images  
Old 11-01-17, 08:36 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I did try the ---- sika self leveling sealant--On the container it says only for use on LEVEL ground. I tried any way and yes it will not work on a drive way that is on a SLANT. So I guess I will have to go with the mortar.

Never could spell!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: