Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Have you any experience with Power Brace for foundations?

Non-US

11-05-17, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)  
Have you any experience with Power Brace for foundations?

We have a fellow coming out tomorrow to look at our foundation. I don't think he is into Power Brace but I have read about this online and kind of like it BUT ... they basically erect steel beams to the joists and straighten your wall over time. Fortunately our wall is not that bad so this system may work for us. What I was wondering was .. does anyone have experience with this method? I see they tie into a floor joist ... why not run something across the bottom of the joists and tie into that? That way the pressure is spread out rather than on one joist every so many feet. I like the idea of not having to excavate outside but I wonder about pressure on just the one joist?

Can someone make sense of this system to me? thanks

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

11-06-17, 05:41 AM   #2 (permalink)  
I don't have any experience with Power Brace but looking at some pics, it seems that there is no need for a secondary piece across the joists.

Non-US

11-08-17, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)  
No, it is tied into a joist, bolted through. We have those TGI's and apparently won't work with them.

Got a quote for carbon fiber today .. tad pricey for what it is? and then one wonders if they really are effective or a fad or what?

Search this Thread