Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

burying wire in shallow concrete channel

02-16-18, 03:38 PM   #1  
burying wire in shallow concrete channel

Hey folks, I've got an internet wire that needed to jump over a sidewalk. There's a nice big crack I was able to jam the wire into, but I'd like to seal it in there. You got any ideas on how to best do that?

I hammered a few small pebbles into spots to help keep it in a little. Eventually muck will get in there and just keep it down - I think. But for the interim, what product should I use? I've got:
Floor Tile Mortar: Thin-set, floors, interior, use over concrete, masonry, mortar beds
All-Purpose Stucco Patch: repairing stucco surfaces, durable and permanent
Rapid Set Mortar: interior/exterior, hardens underwater, low-shrink (25lbs)
two tubes of DAP 3.0 Concrete & Masonry, waterproof, paintable in 1 hr

Attached Images
Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

02-16-18, 09:03 PM   #2  
That is an expansion joint. You don't want something completely hard filling it in,.
The DAP 3.0 should take care of it.

~ Pete ~

Forum Topic Moderator

02-17-18, 02:49 AM   #3  
Caulk was my thought also. Make sure the concrete is clean and dry first.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

02-24-18, 05:09 AM   #4  
doesn't look to be an exp jnt but difficult recognize as its a tooled jnt,,, i'd 'chase' the jnt w/diamond blade on 4" grinder to create slot for wire, place wire, clean sidewalls, & seal w/either 100% silicone or np1 or np2 - either ns or sl grade

Group Moderator

02-24-18, 05:16 AM   #5  
Yeah NP1... or if you can't find that maybe Sikaflex or Loctite S10. Keep it inside the crack, don't overfill it... you can tool it flat with a little paint thinner on your finger if needed.

Search this Thread