Concrete crack repair for dynamic surface: marina

Old 07-26-18, 02:13 PM
Concrete crack repair for dynamic surface: marina

I work on a marina and the docks are made of 4-6'' concrete slabs with rebar on top of floats. I need a product to fill cracks that have formed in the concrete. I see Sherwin Williams has a product by Loxon that is suggested for repairs on dynamic surfaces.

Anyone else have any suggestions of what product to use? The cracks in question about about 1/16-1/8'' wide, not sure of the depth.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-18, 02:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Just had my carport floor raised due to cracking and settling. they used a epoxy product from Lowes. only problem is it does not play well with water when applying.

Old 07-26-18, 04:59 PM
There is no way to permanently repair cracked concrete.

You can patch it, fill it, cover it but the crack will always be there.

If you want to just fill it, there are many Urethane self leveling products that will fill the gap.

Old 07-29-18, 11:29 AM
despite the last reply, all state dot's disagree cracks cannot be successfully sealed to prevent further damage,,, using a 4" grinder & 3/8-1/2" diamond blade, saw the crk to a depth of 1/2",,, clean the sidewalls well,,, apply bond breaker tape to the btm of the clean crk,,, seal w/appropriate sealant,,, sika np1 sl is an acceptable sealant as is dow 888 sl,,, if using self-leveling ( sl ), tooling is not required,,, no sealant is designed to be applied thicker than 3/8" to my knowledge,,, the accepted width:depth ratio is generally 2:1 however your selected mtl may differ,,, 'permanent' = 7yrs to state dot's
no idea on the lowe's post - we use sher-wms' armorseal & have never had an issue w/wtr