Drywall Re-framing Help

Old 12-24-18, 11:42 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drywall Re-framing Help

I had a drainage system installed in my basement along one finished wall. They removed a portion of the lower drywall as well as the framing in order to install a water barrier against the foundation. I'm going to need to re-frame and drywall patch the cutouts but am having an issue with how to go about anchoring the 2x4 back on the bottom at the floor. The barrier installed comes out from the wall maybe an inch or so so I'm trying to figure out how to anchor the bottom portion of the framing either to the wall or the floor. It appears I'm going to have to install the 2x4 on end and not flat for all this to work.

I'm thinking of maybe shimming the bottom of the 2x4 up about an inch then using the Tapcon 4" screw along with some shims on top to anchor the bottom frame to the wall. I'm unsure if I can drill through the barrier they installed and was looking at elevating the bottom frame a bit to add the anchors to the side wall above the barrier.

I don't wish to hire a pro to do this work and would like to take it on myself. You guys here have always offered great advice and help so I'm counting on you all to come through again.

Sorry, guys, can't figure out how to add pictures to the post. Sorry!

Last edited by kennyv519; 12-24-18 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-24-18, 01:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
see if this helps - How to insert pictures.

Old 12-24-18, 01:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
At the current time.... the picture attachment system is down.

Old 12-24-18, 01:40 PM
marksr, I tried that but my files, even though they are small, will not upload. I think I may have previous photos on my account taking up the space as I get a quota error after trying to upload these new files.

Old 12-25-18, 12:00 PM
Thanks, guys, but being the picture uploading is still down, I went ahead and tried a few things today on my own and think I found something that's going to work.

Happy Holidays!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: