Best clear concrete sealer?

Old 01-15-19, 02:34 PM
Best clear concrete sealer?

I am currently building a new home and am up to some of the final stages - concrete for driveway is being poured next week and the outdoor area will be finished within a month or 2 (paved area)

I would like to seal both of these areas with a clear sealer that doesnt change the appearance or colour of the concrete and also doesnt make the concrete slippery when wet. I am needing suggestions for a quality sealer that i am able to apply myself if possible.

I googled the best concrete sealers for 2018 and it suggested the Siloxa-Tek 8500 but the only retail store i can find it is https://surfaceprotection.co.nz/coll...crete-products so i would have to get it shipped from new zealand. Has anyone else had experience with this range or do you know of a similar high quality product that will do the trick?

Look forward to your suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-19, 02:38 PM
Also, I forgot to ask whether it is nessesary to acid wash the pavers before sealing too?

Old 01-15-19, 04:04 PM
Your best bet is to stop in to your local concrete/block yard and talk to one of those pros, it's going to be more but its what will work the best!

Whatever you do do not use Thompson's, that stuff is krap!