multi color pattern concrete resurfacing?

Old 06-27-19, 08:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
multi color pattern concrete resurfacing?

Concrete walkway stained and chipped and cracked.

The chips and cracks have been patched already but now they stick out like a sore thumb because of the color difference between new (bright almost white) and old (grey).

I want to use concrete resurfacer for the whole walkway, it will look great, but I don't want stains etc to show up so easily on it from dirty shoes, grass stains, whatever. I was thinking to use a powder color additive to the resurfacer mix but even a SOLID dark color like grey or red or brown will show markings.

Is there anything I can add that'll give it a sort of multi color where spots etc won't show up easily? I was thinking something like the chips that are added to garage floor paints but I don't want it looking like a garage floor plus I don't know how well it'll work mixing those chips to a masonry product instead of a paint/epoxy. I don't want to put any clear sealer on the walkway either, I want to keep it simply and not slippery when wet. I was thinking like a random swirling pattern or dark red and brown and grey color additives in random patterns but it might look ridiculous when finished.

Ideally something like the garage floor paint chips mixed in with the resurfacer would look good but trying to avoid it looking like a garage floor.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-19, 03:53 AM
Group Moderator
Received 164 Votes on 154 Posts
I think a lot depends on where you are located. After all the driveway is outside in the elements 24/7. Personally I do not like colored or stamped concrete. I so rarely see it look good after 5 or 10 years no matter what maintenance it gets. Heck, even the theme parks can't keep it looking pristine.