Paver patio base compaction question

Old 07-02-19, 10:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Paver patio base compaction question

Using 2A gravel for a 6 inch base. 450 sq ft patio. Hard ground underneath, compacted, "refusing" water.

Question : due to different working days I was not able to layout perfect Edge - Edge layers of 3 in of Base to be compacted one after the other. So the base layer is a bit of Patchwork of sections of areas done at different times, but all compacted well, in layers no more than 3 in thick..
in other words, the base is not comprised of completely uniform layers that span the entire patio. It is all compacted very well. Should this cause a problem later with uneven settling even if the compaction was done excessively and completely. The topmost layer was Edge - Edge and levelled well before compaction. Anyone have experience with this?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-19, 01:21 PM
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
It is all compacted very well
Seems your good to go, no idea where your located, I put down 10=12" of compacted limestone but I'm in a freeze thaw areas so more is better!

Old 07-02-19, 02:19 PM
Received 50 Votes on 50 Posts
I think you'll be OK. I had similar. There are a few pavers I had to re do due to frost and the edges are the weakest point. Bt after several year it still looks good.

Old 07-02-19, 03:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 160 Votes on 150 Posts
It sounds like you have thought about this more than most folks and are actively NOT trying to cut corners. I think you are good to move onto the next step.

Old 07-02-19, 09:09 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Great

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.