Resurfacing exposed aggregate

Old 08-01-19, 03:33 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Resurfacing exposed aggregate

I have a 60 year old exposed aggregate patio and looking to find out if resurfacing would be a good way to cover up the stones and make the patio a bit more attractive. The current condition of the aggregate is very good, no cracking and very little rocks falling out.
I have watched several videos where the product is spread about an 1/8 for concrete but could find where this type of product was used on exposed aggregate specifically.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of resurfacing product on exposed aggregate. I watched 1 video where the contractor put 1 coat of the 1/8 resurfacing product and then came behind with a textured material as a finish coat. It looked good based on the prior condition, and the texture covered up a lot of the imperfections. I read several post where contractors said it wont last. Not sure if they were saying the product was not good or the fact the concrete was so far damaged it was not going to last over time regardless of the product.
I live Virginia where the temperature ranges from 20- 90 degrees. A
Any insight to a specific product and application would be greatly appreciated. I can do it my self or hire someone, I'm not necessarily trying to save money, I'm look for the best solution.
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: