Curb form building advice needed

Old 09-09-19, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Curb form building advice needed

I always have a tough time with forms but this is such a small project it is not feasible to hire a contractor. I pulled out an old curb along the upper flat part of my driveway because it was old/brittle and only 3 1/2 x 3 1/2. I need to put a fence on top so with a new curb will be able to put 4x4 anchors in when I pour. I have a couple questions about the form if anyone can be so kind.
I plan on using 2x6 for the form, 3/8" rebar for stakes and vegetable oil sprayed on to keep cement from sticking; I will also be reinforcing with 1/4" rebar making a 4" wide curb. So my question is:
1) How far apart should the stakes be?

Thanks in advance for your time

Attached Images  

Last edited by drumz; 09-09-19 at 04:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-19, 05:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 164 Votes on 154 Posts
How many stakes you'll need depends on your soil and how long the stakes are. Luckily at only 4" high you won't have a lot of side pressure trying to move your forms so you won't need too many stakes. If using 2x6 for the forms you might be able to space your stakes 4-6' apart. But, when in doubt put in more stakes. During the pour is NOT when you want to be screwing around with forms that are moving and need reinforcement.

drumz voted this post useful.