Resurface Question

Old 11-10-19, 09:46 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Smile Resurface Question

I used Quickcrete Resurfacer, 40 pound bags on a section of my driveway, 200 square feet which had spalled. Mixed it with a drill and mixer blade. I got it to a nice consistency, like syrup before pouring. Used a 2 foot squeegee to spread it. Looked pretty good at first. I had already filled the deep spalling with a patching formula. It covered nicely and has held up for six months without a problem.

The problem is that the appearance is not consistent, the shading/color is inconsistent. Some degree of what appears to be calcium on the surface creating random patterns.

So based on your experiences, should I try a second application with the same product or perhaps try another? I think the finish can be improved with another coat.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

CK

Old 11-10-19, 09:50 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
You don't show your location but if you experience any cold winter weather that stuff will be history!

Even the really good epoxy based materials are iffy when your covering very thin layers.

Old 11-10-19, 07:28 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Matching different pours is difficult, matching different actual materials is darn near impossible.

Old 11-11-19, 03:23 AM
C
I'm in Atlanta. We get a bit of cold but not too much. I don't expect I would have attempted it when I lived in Jersey. So far the adhesion has been excellent, it's the shading that I'm not pleased with. I hoped the sun and rain would have weathered it better. I guess the real test is seeing how it looks in the spring. ...

Old 12-13-19, 01:26 PM
S
i'm in atl too & we have that problem w/apron/vest store resurfacing products which's why we don't use them,,, that being said, there's also avail 'cement-all' which is white, takes color well, is more expensive, & a bit more difficult to work properly,,, just because the bag sez diy OR there's a u-tube doesn't provide experience tho,,, i'd recommend you resurface using the same product as it will be compatible,,, a color'd sealer may also help,,, btw, our resurfacing crew is composed of 3 experienced guys

Old 12-16-19, 06:38 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It can be because of the uneven mixing. The use of sealant on top can make the coloring equal and better. do not use another coat of some other mixture. if you want to an extra layer do it with the same as before and top it with the sealant.

Old 01-01-20, 08:58 AM
S
opaque sealants will result in uniform color but even colored translucents will not

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: