Concrete Foundation Spalling

Old 04-10-20, 02:27 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concrete Foundation Spalling

I have some minor spalling on my poured concrete foundation where it meets the ground as well as some hairline cracks.

I believe most of this is cosmetic, but the foundation wall has never been coated. Rainwater drips off the roof (eave side) and splashes dirt and water back off the ground and grass does not grow there.

I am unsure what quikrete product to buy from Lowe’s to fix the Spalling. They don’t seem to know either. Basically, id like to do the following:

1) Dig down 1’-2’ and rubber coat the foundation wall.
2) fix/patch the cracks and the Spalling
3) coat with an exterior waterproofer (like Drylock)
4) weed Fabic and edge and drop in some river rock ~1’ from the foundation wall, maintaining pitch.

I don’t have any water issues in my basement, so I don’t think that is a major issue, ibut it is time to fix it.

There are a couple of videos available online, but I want to make sure I grab the right concrete product when I go into Lowe’s for covering/filling the cracks and patching the Spalling.

thanks

Old 04-10-20, 03:13 PM
Received 537 Votes on 497 Posts
Minor spalling or cracks is not unusual, there really are no products out there that will provide any long term solution, concrete is not a repair friendly product.

Old 04-26-20, 10:03 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
au contraire, mon ami marq,,,conc's VERY friendly to repairs,,, hell, we make a good living repairing it all the time as do many other conc repr co's across the world
use rapid set cements ( no concrete - cement ) - NOT hydraulic,,, wet the conc 1st then apply,,, when set up but not cured, rub excess off w/piece of 2x4,,, IF there's a good reason for the spalling/cracking, it'll come back then we can advise a different repair method/material

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: