Waterproof Back Of Retaining Wall

Old 09-19-20, 01:26 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Waterproof Back Of Retaining Wall

Recently the paint on the front of my cinder block retaining wall was pealing due to moisture behind the wall. The front side of the wall is stucco over cinder block. The wall is located in Southern California so it is a pretty dry climate but we do get rain in the winter from time to time. I had the stucco front of the wall repaired.

I also had a smooth scratch coat put along the back of the wall. I then put three coats of Drylock extreme over the scratch coat to waterproof the wall (Drylock suppose to have a 15 yr warranty).

As a cost effective addition, I was considering also using this as a moisture barrier along the back of the wall: https://thd.co/2FOUU8y

Any suggestions if this moisture barrier would help or cause any issues with mold?

Old 09-19-20, 01:55 PM
Received 532 Votes on 492 Posts
There is no guarantee that moisture will not migrate thought the wall but that liner is probably going to give you better performance that the Dry lock!

Old 09-19-20, 04:17 PM
C
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Since you have the soil away from the wall add a drain pipe along the bottom. Slope it one way slightly and use a drain pipe with holes inside a dirt sock. Then put a dirt filtering cloth against the soil and back fill the void with drainage rock.

marksr voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: