Driveway Repair

Old 10-07-20, 10:09 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Driveway Repair

I am trying to patch up some ruts in my driveway. Pictures below. I bought some Quickrete asphalt repair. After buying it someone told me that it would not work in this case. I would really like to level this off somewhat. perfection not needed just reduction of the ruts would help. Is the cold patch a no go?

Old 10-07-20, 11:31 AM
P
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
My experience with Cold Patch is that it requires an edge to butt against. you can't taper the cold patch at the edges. I am pretty sure the directions will say to clear out the bad material until you have a solid square edge. Then you can tamp the cold patch into the hole. I have filled damaged asphalt like that but you have to clear out the hole first.

- Peter

Old 10-07-20, 12:06 PM
Received 535 Votes on 495 Posts
You are correct, cold patch is like a really thick fluid, if you have a hole it will fill, but if there is an open edge the material will simply flow out, it will not hold a shape!

Old 10-07-20, 10:55 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Got it. I did see the instructions about squaring the sides. Clearly my plan was to taper it up to meet the surface so that's out. Thanks for the information!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: