Remove slurry footprints after wet cutting

Old 11-11-20, 10:43 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Remove slurry footprints after wet cutting

Hi all,

I have a concrete pad that's adjacent a concrete walkway in our backyard.

I made some wet cuts on the concrete pad, finished late at night and didn't realize just how much I tracked some of the slurry from the pad on to the walkway.

I had to finish some other tasks, and now several days latter need to deal with the thin layer of slurry in spots, as well as slurry footprints on the walkway.

How to remove that dried on thin layer of concrete slurry from the concrete walkway? I'm not concerned with what the pad looks like.

I've read that pressure washing with water only will do nothing, and that most concrete "cleaners" will do nothing as well.

Do I need to use a concrete "etcher?" What I'm concerned about is etching the walkway too much. I'm not looking to paint or stain the walkway, so "etching" isn't what I'm after specifically...just wondering if that could be used diluted to simply clean off the footprints and other thin layer of slurry left behind from the wet cutting on the adjacent pad?

See pic for what I'm referring too.

Thanks.

Old 11-11-20, 10:48 AM
Received 372 Votes on 337 Posts
I would try the pressure washer at a very slight angle and not a very aggressive power or stream. That cement should have too much adhesive power to it. Try a little detergent with it. Then maybe a stiff scrub brush.

Old 11-11-20, 11:06 AM
Received 535 Votes on 495 Posts
I would just hose it down, it will eventually come off with time!

Old 11-11-20, 11:09 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 966 Votes on 887 Posts
I would start by spraying the area with a cleaner like Simple Green or Purple Power. Then break out the pressure washer. Start with lower pressure or a broader tip and keep working up in power until it works. The last time I did it I had to use a rotary surface cleaner attachment on the pressure washer and go slowly and thoroughly over the area. As you're finding removing dried concrete slurry can be extremely difficult.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: