Water Leak where two brick walls come together.

Old 11-23-20, 12:50 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water Leak where two brick walls come together.

Hi all, first time poster here. Ran into an issue during a steady rain storm over the weekend. Water leaked into my house and though my ceiling. It appears as though it is either coming in behind a gutter (which is clean of debris, including downspout), or along the seam where two brick walls meet. It is an addition added to the house. I have attached two photos which show the sealing job someone did. Now up where the gutter comes together with the original part of the house, I felt behind it and a piece of this silicon sealant broke off in my hand. I am leaning toward this being where the water is entering the residence. My question is this, what should I use to reseal this "seam" (for lack of a better term)? Any help would be appreciated!

Old 11-23-20, 03:34 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 966 Votes on 887 Posts
I think you need to look higher. Start by looking at the roof and gutter area. You shouldn't be getting water in quantity in that top corner area.

XSleeper voted this post useful.
Old 11-23-20, 04:58 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it looks like the drip line goes behind the gutter and not into it. That is probably it. The gutter doesn't appear to be level either.

Brian

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: