need ideas for driveway and front porch

Old 01-28-21, 02:42 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need ideas for driveway and front porch

Hello guys
We recently did some major work in our house and now have a double side front door. We want to redo our driveway into a two car driveway and connect our driveway with the front porch. We will cut the tree that is on the way. Wanted to do something that require the least maintenance with some designs if possible. Any idea would be helpful.

Old 01-28-21, 03:22 PM
Received 535 Votes on 495 Posts
Driveways have basically 3 options, asphalt, concrete/stamped, pavers, I guess 4 if gravel is included.

Costs go up as you add more expensive materials, especially labor, key thing is, what is the budget?

Old 01-28-21, 03:32 PM
S
hoping to stay around 10-15k. Concrete is what i am sure the most reasonable choice. I did wanted to see if if any designs we can do if we go with concrete and still keep it low maintenance? My contractor recommended we can paint/stain it. I am waiting for his quote if we go with concrete. Have not asked about paver but I know they are super expensive, though it looks really nice. I also wanted to put like a stone Medallion front of the door. But I found out they do require sealer applied every 6-12 month. I am pretty sure I will forget to do that so i rather want to see if any other idea of things I can put front of the door.

Old 01-28-21, 03:35 PM
Received 535 Votes on 495 Posts
Id look into stamped concrete, much cheaper than pavers, they can do amazing patterns, there is some maintenance!

Old 01-29-21, 07:46 AM
S
What kind of maintenance am I looking at for stamped concrete?

Old 02-10-21, 11:20 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Don't do stamped concrete. As the old saying goes... "Concrete cracks and Ice Cream melts". Stamp concrete fades, cracks and after a few years or even months, you'll get bleached out looking areas where the sprinklers hit it.

Pavers are the way to go. Better looking, stronger, no fading and wont crack (assuming they are installed correctly). AND if you have a tree root start to push them up or have a repair under the pavers, you can pull them up and repair the issue and put them back down.

soumikcha voted this post useful.
Old 02-12-21, 01:28 PM
S
Could you give me some ideas of what I should be looking for when talking to a contractor about stone pave driveway? I honestly love the look of it. Any good site i can get some idea of cost and pictures for examples?
What kind of maintaince I need for a stone paved driveway?

Old 02-15-21, 07:13 AM
T
Received 28 Votes on 22 Posts
You can get dyed concrete, we poured a 2 car wide driveway many many many years ago with black dyed concrete. It was more of a dark grey, finished the edges with pressure treated 4x4's. My family no longer owneds that house, but that driveway is still in perfect condition, it's probably well over 30 years old too by now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: