How to re-attach vertical concrete to concrete?

Old 02-12-21, 11:32 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to re-attach vertical concrete to concrete?

So around the foundation of my house, the concrete has rounded 'bubbles' of decorative concrete...Like, they started with traditional rectangles of concrete around the outside that go a couple feet up --to decoratively carry the foundation/basement up to the siding. On top of the regular concrete is this kinda decorative outcropping of rounded concrete...like, instead of being flat, it bows out so there's bubbles all along the perimeter--kinda like a Caramello bar(OMG I'm really sucking at describing but I hope you get the idea...)
One of the bubble-parts of a concrete rectangle has fallen off. Like it just gave up the ghost and dropped dead on the ground and there behind it is the old boring rectangle of concrete.
I took the bubble-part inside to defrost(It's like in the teens here and will be that way for like another week or more....) There was ice all over the front of it so it was pretty frozen on the outside--the back looks fine, obviously just came undone from the plain-concrete.
Is there something I can use to re-attach this piece to the original concrete--while it's still very cold and snowy out???? I know it's best to wait until the spring but I have no idea when that's going to be--sometimes it's June
I thought maybe a coating of cement and prop this piece in place for a couple of days? But maybe there's an epoxy that'll work better??? I saw Sacrete has a concrete glue but I didn't know if that would bond on vertical surfaces. The only other thing I can think of is E6000....
Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

Old 02-12-21, 01:52 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 965 Votes on 886 Posts
Can you post a picture of the area where the bubble fell off so we can see what your wall surface and bubble looks like?

Do not try to reattach until late spring or summer. Nothing will work well in cold temperature.

notsodumbblonde voted this post useful.
Old 02-17-21, 09:45 AM
N
Sure...I’ll upload a photo soon. Ty

Old 02-17-21, 12:26 PM
N
the damage

That's the spot where the front 'bubble' part fell off. The stuff around the base is ice not cement--it fell off clean.

The 'bubble' facade fell off this stone. The upper left is an old bubble-repair done by last owner. Looks worse in snow--when dry/summer, looks almost identical

I've got the actual 'bubble' part that fell off, stored in a bag in the mudroom. It took days to dry out but it's dry now and is still in one piece.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: