broken retainer wall

Old 02-14-21, 04:25 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post broken retainer wall

I live in a house on a hillside slope and on the backside of my property is a 3-4 ft. tall concrete retainer wall. Recently, a 3.5ft. x 5 ft. section of the wall on the side of the backyard broke out and had to be broken up and removed. Now, I must find a reasonable way to repair the break in the wall. The slope is a steep incline and the soil is soft and unstable, so the work will be a bit of a challenge. Attached are two JPEGS of a couple of ideas on how to approach this repair. The "POUR" idea would be the most difficult to accomplish on a sharp incline and would require about 40 sacks of concrete. The "BLOCK" idea would be easier but I haven't figured out how the blocks will meet the broken concrete ends of the wall. In short, I'm looking for suggestions on an easier or more practical solution to repair this broken wall. I realize this repair will not be the ideal structural solution, but I cannot afford to replace the entire wall. Any CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Haynie3

"CONCRETE POUR"

"CONCRETE BLOCK"

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: