leveling garage floor addition slab

Old 03-04-21, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
leveling garage floor addition slab

I've seen ads where companies come in and level concrete by injecting "stuff" under the concrete and raising it until it's level. Usually this is with sidewalks that aren't weight bearing. Would this work with a garage floor addition that's sloping ~.75" over 8'. The length is 20'. I'm sure it could probably be done but is it worth the cost? l assume that the slab and stem wall for the exterior wall & roof are separate.
Thx,

Old 03-04-21, 08:20 AM
Received 489 Votes on 453 Posts
I had a stepping walkway installed in the current house and did everything I could to compact the soil but it settled.

I had it foam jacked about 5 years ago and it's still good today.

They claim the foam will work for a driveway, if you do the math, that truck is only a fraction of a pound per square inch so the foam can easily support.

Would a garage be any different, all you can do is talk to them.

Old 03-04-21, 09:18 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 874 Votes on 804 Posts
It's called foam or mud jacking. Only you can make the call whether or not if it's worth the cost. A lot depends on the job. If it's a big job the cost might be reasonable because their travel and setup time is spread over a larger job. For a small job a large portion of the cost can be simply getting the people and equipment on site.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: