Crack Above basement door

Old 03-30-21, 12:48 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Crack Above basement door

Hi Everyone - I'm not sure if this is the best/right forum for this particular problem, but I couldn't find one specific to foundations. We are getting our home ready for an appraisal and we are a bit concerned that this crack would be a red flag to an appraiser. Want some opinions on best way to fix/repair, or if this crack is too big. Not sure we can afford to call in a professional at this point, as I'm sure this kind of repair would cost thousands - and we've just spent that on home improvements so we have no resources left at this point. I'm attaching 2 photos - one is of the crack from the inside of the basement, it's just above the top right corner of the basement door. The 2nd pic is of the same crack but from the outside; yes, the crack goes all the way through the wall. Whoever built this house didn't use any metal brick lentil braces on the corners of the door frame. They also did everything half-assed...as you can see in the pic of the exterior where they attempted to patch it??? Any and all advice welcome!

Crack - from inside basement

Crack - from outside basement

Old 03-30-21, 01:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
Thread moved. There are actually several forums it could fit in with but since you are dealing with a cinder block wall I put it here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: