Asphalt in a bucket recommendations

Old 04-07-21, 05:43 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Asphalt in a bucket recommendations

Hi,

There is a small tree in my asphalt driveway that I need to remove. After cutting it down and excavating this area of 3-4 square feet, I would like to lay down asphalt in the hole. I could use concrete but visually that would not look good but would be very strong. Do you have any specific black asphalt or asphalt-like product that could work?

History:.Years ago I had similar needs but for about 15 square feet. I bought bucketed asphalt at a large home repair store near me whose name I will not mention (more power, more doing...), and this product was supposed to harden in a few days after being tamped down. Well 6 weeks later it was just as soft and crumbly as the day I bought it so I scooped it back into the buckets and brought it back to the store. Hope you might have a product recommendation for me!

thank you!
Dave

Old 04-07-21, 07:13 AM
R
Received 47 Votes on 37 Posts
Had the same problems, after a year the stuff I used wasn't very hard at all. So I tried this: Gardner-40-lbs-Ready-Road-Repair-Pothole-Patch from HD and it hardens up real well. The only issue with it is it is very thick and hard to get out of the bucket on cooler days and it's a tad pricey.

Old 04-07-21, 08:52 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Ron53! OK pricey price. I will look into it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: