Setting a Mailbox on exposed aggregate

Old 05-25-21, 03:20 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Setting a Mailbox on exposed aggregate

I need to relocate my mailbox on the sidewalk so it does not inconvenience the mailmail man and allows me to park my car.
The current mailbox is setup on a small block of concrete(not aggregate exposed) and can be taken off by undoing some nuts and lifting off the bolts.
The new location needs to be on top of the exposed aggregate and I will need to drill 4 holes for the anchor bolts.

What's the best way to do this ?
It does not need to be super strong as it will only have a Post with a mailbox on top of it. It does need to be sturdy.

Old 05-25-21, 03:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,721 Upvotes on 1,545 Posts
It would probably be easiest if you would just go to a custom welding shop and have them make you a sleeve with a flanged base. They can predrill the holes for you, then powder coat the whole thing so that it doesn't need to be painted regularly. If you explain what you are doing, and maybe bring them the post and mailbox they can design the rest.

Then you would just need to drill the 4 holes in the concrete and anchor it down. You can use galvanized washers underneath it as shims to keep it plumb if the surface is not level.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: