Filling Anchor Holes In Cinder Block Wall

Old 09-19-21, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Filling Anchor Holes In Cinder Block Wall

I am removing a number of drywall type anchors and small eye bolts the previous owner had installed in this block wall. Apparently this was for some kind of rope or wire trellis like arrangement. I was able to get the old metal anchors out of the wall leaving 1/2 inch diameter holes. I do have one cinder block of the same color I can use as crush to make a filler material of the same color. What would be suitable materials to make a filler/adhesive slurry to fill these holes. Thank you in advance,

Old 09-19-21, 06:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,944 Votes on 2,657 Posts
Hydraulic cement would be a good choice. Not sure how well the color will match.
Actually any basic concrete would work.

There are a number of prepackaged goods that would work too.....
Concrete repair
Concrete patch

Old 09-19-21, 09:32 PM
Received 946 Votes on 859 Posts
It wont match, your blocks are old, weathered, and dirty.

You can by powdered colors but they come in big bags and somewhat pricey.

Old 09-21-21, 11:46 AM
Pjmax, I appreciate the quick response and reference to several suitable products to consider. Very helpful.

Marq1, I appreciate your feedback and observations. You are correct the original block is old, weathers and dirty. The 'spare' block I planned to use as the crush looks to be as old as the wall and well weathered. I was going to power washer the area to remove what ever dirt I can before proceeding. Perhaps this will get things close enough.

Thank you, All

Old 09-21-21, 12:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,527 Votes on 1,371 Posts
You might just try using an anchor epoxy like Red Head A7, apply it neatly with a caulking gun, then take some of your ground up concrete block dust and blow sone off your hand onto the epoxy and lightly tap / dab it to embed it in the epoxy / caulk.

Old 09-21-21, 02:22 PM
Received 946 Votes on 859 Posts
Sort of like when I had the side walk lifted, they drilled and patched the holes, it was bright at first but a year later it wasn't even something I paused to look at.

I would be more concerned with getting a good patch and not worrying too much about the color, it will change!

Old 10-01-21, 09:24 AM
Marq1. I appreciate the suggestion. This will be an interesting exercise to fill these holes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: