Asphalt entrance Fix

Old 12-02-21, 08:13 AM
A
Received 6 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Asphalt entrance Fix

Hi Everyone, I have this (sorry for not having a better picture) entrance to the house. The Asphalt is pretty rough and at one point it may need some mayor fixing. What I need to fix or cover is the light grey part. I am thinking of painting the red (see pic) square area with a dark blue or grey color to uniform and cover the difference between the asphalt and light grey material (could it be cement or concrete?). This is only a cosmetic repair, for looks.What kind of paint or product can I use and how?
Any suggestions and tips? Thanks!

Old 12-02-21, 08:57 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Is that asphalt on top of the cement pad? That wont last long!

I have never heard of anybody trying to "paint" asphalt, that also wont last long.

You could seal the asphalt and use same material on the concrete but that is just making a big mess that you will have to deal with in the future.

Agostomortal voted this post useful.
Old 12-02-21, 09:35 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Not much you can do. If in fact it's only temporary, then yes paint will look OK for the season. But replacement is the only real fix.

Agostomortal voted this post useful.
Old 12-02-21, 10:24 AM
A
"Is that asphalt on top of the cement pad?"
No Idea..you mean the left dark over the light colored right part?
A

Old 12-02-21, 11:13 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Yes, any think applications will quickly pop off, winter freezing, summer expansion differences!

Old 12-02-21, 11:27 AM
Received 59 Upvotes on 53 Posts
Roads are asphalt and they paint lines on them that stay a long time. They use the same paint on concrete roads. I don't know what type paint they use though.

Old 12-02-21, 01:03 PM
A
"They use the same paint on concrete roads. I don't know what type paint they use though."
I am sure in this day and age there are products designed to cover (paint) and stay in place perfectly. That is what I am looking for with my original question, I am looking for exactly a "do it yourself" option that gets the job done, not a professional ($$$) the "right/correct thing to do to last a long time" option.
I am looking for other options such as creating a small square of decorative rocks to cover it or other creative solution.
Thanks for all the informative and valuable posts!

Old 12-02-21, 01:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Maybe use a concrete stain to bring the concrete closer to the color of the asphalt ??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: