How to fix or replace this faux exterior window shutter

Old 02-13-22, 06:18 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question How to fix or replace this faux exterior window shutter

It's a thin, hollow faux shutter that feels like some kind of wood product. It appears to be attached with some kind of bolts but I can't see under the studs covering them. I would like to repair or replace it since I don't know what's involved in just taking them all down or how it would look after wards. The house was built in 1966.Here are the pictures. If they can be repaired, what would I use? If they can be replaced, how? Where would I find a shutter like it?

Old 02-13-22, 06:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,528 Votes on 1,372 Posts
You typically replace shutters in pairs so they match. The caps pop off the screws. And your shutters are like a higher quality (thicker plastic) than most sold today. They may not be a stock item, especially in white. And don't expect them to be the exact size you have now. They may be an inch wider, longer or shorter than what you have now. Here is an example,

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Vantage-Whi...ual/5001580363

Higher quality shutters can be special ordered through siding supply, or are special order from most box stores.

Mastic / Ply Gem is one high quality brand that you might find via home depot or a siding supply store.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: